Hi there! I’m Kerri-Anne Brown and I’m the founder of Healing with Wisdom. I’m a Licensed Mental Health Counselor but you might also call me a pregnancy and infant loss advocate, a grief companion, or a recovery guide.
What I Do
I provide psychotherapy for women and couples whose reproductive experiences involve:
- Miscarriage, stillbirth or neonatal death
- Pregnancy-related complications (birth trauma)
- NICU experiences
- Postpartum anxiety/depression
- Pregnancy after loss
Why I Do It
I do great work with people who have been hit with the harsh reality that life had a different plan than what they intended for themselves and their families. It’s incredibly rewarding for me to help my clients learn how to experience life after trauma and discover that they don’t have to define themselves by their reproductive experience. I feel so grateful to be able to guide people towards recovery.
Because I’ve gone through this too, I know the work it takes to heal. I love what I do and I’m really good at it.
What I Believe
When adverse reproductive event such as infertility, miscarriage, stillbirth, premature or complicated birth occur, intense pain is experienced. When the path to parenthood doesn’t go the way you assumed it would, you feel traumatized and grief stricken. I believe you can:
- learn to navigate this season while preparing for the future
- reduce levels of emotional distress related to your unique experience
- find hope and resilience no matter the outcome
I would love to partner with you and give you the support you deserve!
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Brainspotting Practitioner
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss (PAIL) Advocate
- Advanced Training in Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Professional Membership with American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
- Qualified Supervisor for Registered Mental Health Counselor Interns
- Certified in Embodied Trauma-Conscious Reproductive Health